I thought I should show some courtesy to this blog after a long month of absence. It's times like this when I can finally catch my breath and figure how I want to compose this masterpiece : Study break. Yes, this is the time when I actually have tons to write about rather than hitting the books like every student should be doing.  It's nice to return to the blog and feel like so much has happened in the past month since the last post. 


Oh yes, I am officially in the big "too old" club! Thank you for the grand welcome. Cheers!


So, let's see.. Checklist.


I've gone back to soup kitchen [Check] again for another volunteer session and it was magnificent. Honestly it wasn't easy organizing this event especially when it requires two parties. However, the outcome was great so it was all worth it. 


I've visited the Hospital Bahagia [Check]. Fascinating. Enough said. Gave me a clearer picture of my future perspectives. 


Currently involved in the World Mental Health Day [Check]. It gives me a sense of fulfillment. There's no right phrase to describe it but working and meeting with the people in this team feels like an honor. Very interesting and committed people that challenges you to attempt beyond your capabilities and the impossible. WHMD also provides a perfect platform for me to tap into my inner passion to help others who can't help themselves or refuse to seek the help they need. To create awareness and to educate people about the importance of being able to detect the symptoms of depression and suicidal in them and the people around them. 


Parenting one tree, Educating one human. That's all it takes to expand. 


Assignments [Check]. Officially done with assignments for this final semester of Year 1. Gosh, Year 2 is approaching! Gasp! Shall enjoy my holidays to the fullest once I'm done with my last paper in two weeks time!


Shall sign off and place full focus on the books.. not facebook. No, really. You should too.

I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.  
- Edward Everett Hale


Till then.


Rachel. T

0 comments:

Post a Comment