It’s fair to say that I’ve been living like a princess for the past 19 years of my existence. They say picture says a thousand words. How many a time do we actually listen to what’s said? To think that I’d understand how one feels at that very second or what is trying to display, I was wrong. I may have felt what the picture wants me to feel but it didn’t last for more than 24 hours.

These past 5 weeks was the most rewarding and fulfilling that has ever been in the 19 years of my existence. I dare say I’ve witness the reality of life. It was an eye opener and a trigger to a stronger motivation. However, due to the policy to protect the identity of these amazing people, I cannot post up pictures but I can perhaps only upload just the address. I guess it’s for you to find out and witness what I’ve witnessed.

I’ve promised to devote my holidays to volunteer as much as I can. So whoever that has my contact, ring me up if you’re interested! Preferably mid-dec to early jan : )

By far, I think Soup Kitchen would be the best place to bring friends along as it is a light and fun volunteering. Of course that’s if your purpose is to bond with your friends and help the unfortunate simultaneously. I wouldn’t recommend the rest that I’ve been involved in due to heavy workload and required a great amount of skills which possessed a rather dark aura if you’re not well prepared.

See ya’ll after finals! best of luck to all ;)

“Poor and content is rich, and rich enough.”

- William Shakespeare

Rachel. T

0 comments:

Post a Comment